Sunday, January 25, 2009

Now that's just silly....

I've been to a lot of shows and have seen a lot of bands. Sometimes at these shows, you get to see some silly stuff. One of the more silly that I've seen over the years was when I went to see Rocket from the Crypt's last east coast show which took place at the Hard Rock Cafe in Times Square back in 2005. It was near Halloween so there was theme to the decorations and all that. And since Halloween is the best holiday around, it made for a cool atmosphere. But for whatever reason, the organizers of this show decided to sex it up a bit by having some women in various go-go like costumes dancing it up before the show and between bands in front of a giant screen on which classic horror and sci-fi movies were being shown. There's been lots of silly things at shows that I missed making a photograph of, so this time I thought I'd catch the silliness on film. The Day the Earth Stood Still, great movie. Go-Go girls dancing in front of it, that's just silly.

1 comment:

Melissa Joy said...

awesome. remember the random burly-q dancer at the brimstones show?

-mj