Tuesday, September 23, 2008

"new" photo

I just uploaded a "new" shot to my flickr page. It's a shot of Zach from Inside Out at a show that took place in a little VFW Hall down in San Diego. I don't recall much about the show, including when exactly it took place. Farside, Heroin, and Slapshot might have played too, but like I said, I don't recall. I don't have the best memory and now that I'm older, I'm regretting not writing things down. Some of this info could probably be a bit useful. Oh well. Anyway, I've always liked this shot of Zach, but never used it in my old zine, Tidbit Fanzine. The big reason for this was that Zach is actually out of focus in the shot. The kids in the background are very in focus, but Zach is a bit blurry. It may not look it on the internet, but if you saw the 8x10 I scanned, you see it more clearly. Back when I made this photo I was using a little point and shoot camera. I just didn't have the money or the know how to handle a manual camera then. Plus, little point and shoots were great for making photos at shows while kids were going bonkers all around you. No real worries about it getting bashed to pieces. But a problem that did come up for me, was that the auto focus was at times a bit screwy. This photo is a good case. Inside Out Inside Out were such a great band to see live. So intense, yet so very fun. The music and the tension in the air shook you to the core. You felt every chord played, every drum pounded, every word screamed. Those were good times.

No comments: