Friday, October 16, 2009

Train Station Pinhole

Train Station
Train Station Pinhole.
Linden,NJ.
Feb. '08.
Diana+.

A pinhole shot of a passing train at the Linden train station with a lovely sunset in the background. I have a great fondness for pinhole photography. There's something so simple, yet complex and elegant about it at the same time. I bought the Diana+ camera for the simple task of teaching myself the basics of pinhole photography. Despite never becoming a real fan of the camera itself, I think it taught me some good basics. I took that thin thread of knowledge and tried my hand at making my own pinhole camera. That turned out well. The first roll was a sucess. The second roll was pretty good. I didn't make too many interesting photos with that roll though and it's part of the reason I haven't made any prints from that roll just yet. I've got a third roll in now, hopefully I choose better subjects this time around. The Pentax pinhole project came out really well too. I've made prints from the first roll but haven't gotten around to scanning them. One problem that came up with the Pentax though was a bit of a starburst in the dead center of every image. Some images it's more prominent than others. I'm thinking that I made the pinhole a little too big which let in a ray of direct light to the film. That's an easy thing to remedy and all part of the learning process. I'm planning on working on the Pentax over the weekend so that I can load it up with another roll of film. Should be fun.

No comments: