Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Neko Case

I've been listening to Neko Case a whole lot lately. I'm not a writer who can put forth some elegant wordy explanation of her greatness, so I'll just say this: She rocks. I've only had a chance to see her live once. And I almost missed that chance because I didn't even know about the show. Luckily my friend Konstantin called me asking me if I was heading to the city. I said nah, got no reason, why do you ask? He then informs me that Neko Case is playing in Central Park for free. Well, whatever I had planned that night went out the window and I rushed to catch a train. Waited in line for a bit. Then tried to get as close to the stage as I could because who knows how many times I'll have a chance to take photos of Neko. Her set was great. She played just about every one of my favorite songs of hers, including older tunes. It was a beautiful way to spend an evening in Central Park.

No comments: