Saturday, April 18, 2009

Pentax Pinhole pt.2

It's been a while since I first wrote up a post about this project. For no real reason I've been taking it slow with this project. The first post about this project was all about taking apart the camera. Which was a really interesting adventure. Luckily none of the many tiny screws holding this camera together were hard to unscrew. It was amazing just how many circuit boards and wires were crammed into this camera. The first big hurdle was to come up was a way to advance the film. This camera was automatic everything and had dead batteries. I thought it foolish and silly to have a pinhole camera with batteries and really didn't want to have to spend the money on them as well. So, with a bit of grinding and drilling, I came up with a way to advance the film. I replaced the film advance moter by making use of yet another old pen (used an old pen on the cardboard pinhole too). I wanted to make the images a bit unique. So I took a grinder to the nice smooth rectangle that shaped the image onto the film and roughed it up a bit.

Before.

After. I'm hoping it looks cool, something similar to the look a filed out negative carrier has. Now it was time to start putting all the pieces together. First up was the "lens."


Front and back views there. After the epoxy was settled and dry, I put in my film advance system, followed by the the outer shell of the camera. And viola! A pinhole she be.

The front.

A look of the inner workings from the back.

It's now loaded up with some nice color film. I've only exposed two frames so far. I'm really looking forward to going through this roll and seeing the results.

The leftover bits.

No comments: