Sunday, August 2, 2009

Lightning

Lightning Over Linden
Lightning Over Linden.
Linden, NJ.
June 2008.
Canon AE-1.

For about as long as I've been into photography, I have always wanted to capture lightning on film. For many years I just didn't have the right equipment to give a proper try. But, when I finally got everything I eagerly looked forward to the next thunderstorm to pass through. One of the biggest obstacles was the fact that, at the time, I was living in a basement apartment. Luckily I found a spot outside the living room window without too much in the way of the sky. So, when the thunderstorms came, I grabbed my mini tripod, my Canon AE-1, and my cable release. Opened up the window, aimed at the sky and hoped for the best. The result of the first true attempt at photographing lightning is the photo above. A fine result if I do say so myself. I've given a few more tries with different cameras, and lenses. A couple of those are below. Not a good as that first one but pretty cool non the less. I've always loved thunderstorms and watching the lightning. As long as I've got cameras by my side when the storms role through, I'll give a go at trying to capture the light show onto film.
Lightning Over Linden
Lightning Over Linden.
Linden, NJ.
July 2008.
Canon AE-1 with fisheye attachment.
Lightning Over Linden
Lightning Over Linden.
Linden, NJ.
July 2008.
Canon AE-1.

No comments: