Tuesday, November 25, 2008

stuff and things

It's amazing how draining a seven hour day in the darkroom can be. But at least I got a lot done. Now I've gotta find time to scan all these prints. I did get around to making a few prints from the first roll run through my homemade pinhole. And I have to say that I'm quite pleased with the results. That's not to say that I was able to make some amazing images though. Since this was my first attempt at a homemade pinhole camera, I was measuring success in three ways. 1) Get light to the film. Check. 2)Expose the sprocket holes on the film. Check. 3) Get an image to show up on the film. Check. I achieved all three and learned stuff along the way. I could read all I want on making a pinhole, but I don't seem to have a very academic mind. I tend to learn more just by doing. And that's what I did. I really look forward to making progress on this whole homemade pinhole thing. I've already got different projects in mind. And of course I'll post up results here. Until then, enjoy this image.
Film

No comments: